Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 21 - Paris and hot chocolate

Cafe Angelina – Best hot choc?!
I have been referred by a few friends to go to Cafe Angelina for their hot choc. This was a no-brainer for me as the Cafe was only 3 mins walk from my hotel!



And yes... I have to say that this is the best hot choc on this trip, and probably the best I’ve ever tasted. Very pricey – 6.9E!!! it came in a small jug though.

Pierre Herme
We then realised Pierre Herme (the Macaron King) has a shop 20 steps from our hotel!!! Sampled 2 flavours. Full mac review will come after Paris.





Dinner – Chez L’ami Jean
This was a recommended restaurant from chowhound.com... and the bookings/queues reflected it.

I have never been so cosy in a restaurant with my neighbours.


Mrs Chan's Entree - white asparagus. THICK!


My entree - filo with veges.


My main - rabbit, about half of it I reckon!


Mrs Chan's main - pork


My dessert - chocolate soup with banana and cream


Mrs Chan's dessert - strawberries and orange flower something.

I tried to convince myself to like this restaurant, but I am afraid I can’t! Partly because I didn’t understand enough French to find things I like. For the rabbit, it was just too big and too meaty. Dessert was confusing and not outstanding.

In short – I don’t think I’ll return to Chez L’ami.

Eiffel Tower


A little movie when the tower sparkles every hour for 5 mins:

No comments:

Post a Comment