Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 15 - Gardanne and Aix-en-Provence

Gardanne Sunday Marche
Following Warwick's recommendations, we headed to Gardanne - an industrial town with a nice Sunday market.

The "national" roads were EXTREMELY narrow, and I was very glad that my car is no bigger. Love the "hide side mirror" button and it was definitely needed in a few places.

Bought some Paella, bread and olives for lunch. Surprisingly, this Paella was much better than the one in Barcelona.

Went back to our cottage for a nap before headed down to Aix for a stroll.

[sorry... forgot my SD card in the morning, so no photos for Gardanne]

Aix-en-provence
Finding a parking spot was a challenge, but parking the car was an even bigger challenge. Took me about 5 tries to fit my car into the spot. I couldn't believe how narrow the streets are and once again made me appreciate my little A-class.



It was 4pm and there were still market stalls in the city centre on Cours Mirabeau. Most were selling painting, lavender products, soaps, cloths, jewellery.


Colourful olive oil/lavender soap





Beautiful local scenary
Taken around Beaurecueil and Le Tholonet:







Dinner
Bought from Gardanne this morning - olives, tomato (mixed with olive oil and salt), bread and seafood stew

1 comment: